Thursday, March 16, 2006

My MILLENNIUM Telescope

There is this sense of "home-coming" about so many aspects of our humanity that one can be forgiven to assume that the world is returning home! Which home, you are bound to ask, and I am (who the heck do I think I am!) triggered to suggest: BASIS....the basic values, basic needs and common good. The basis of all things. I suggest also that, as the elders (baby-boomers and above) of today ease into retirement and relinguish power, or the looming prospects of that reality, the world is getting sobre and saner. Slow or gone are the cut-throat contests and incestuous conspiracies, sharper are the internal and insider conflicts, mellow is the emerging mien and shrieller be the voice of civil society.

Haven't you noticed (why am I pestering!) that all men and women of power end up in either charity, philanthropy or crusading after leaving office? And, note you not how some are now clever enough to compete in the realms of Goodwill Ambassadors? Smart souls! And, pray, welcome lights, also.

I just thought that instead of huge after-thoughts, we may reinvent power and its Internet-age public/private utilisation. So I should be beaming my Millennium Telescope on this matter because it matters. Major pragmatic propositions. Crazy...easy. MT be means.

Ha, definitions, right? Sure. My MT is the slim equivalent of a surgeon's knife: DISSECTION!
We need a fresh, deeper, inventively incisive look at things. The "what now" introspection. You won't be prepared for my propositions, I tell you! But very few will be surprised. People are speaking out.

So, this prior note is to wish you kindly take note of another tool in the toolbox. The full guide
cometh!

No comments: